The following items are required:
- The application form entirely filled out and signed by the applicant. The applicant’s legal name as recorded on personal civil record (identity card or passport) must be indicated the same way in all forms.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- An official transcript of grades for the last three years from an accredited secondary school, issued by the school in a sealed envelope.
- Certified copies of all high school certificates or diplomas.
- Lebanese applicants must provide a clear copy of their national identity card and family civil status record.
- Lebanese nationals must provide an authenticated Lebanese Baccalaureate certificate or its equivalent, or permission from the Lebanese Ministry of Education to enroll in the Freshman Class Program.
- SAT scores for Freshman Class applicants.
- Two recommendation forms, filled in by two professionals who know the applicant well (e.g. principal, teacher, or member of clergy; no family members or relatives), in sealed envelopes.
- International applicants must provide a clear photocopy of their passport.
- Transfer applicants from an accredited institution of higher education must provide an official transcript of grades in a sealed envelope.
- A non-refundable application fee.
To demonstrate English proficiency please enclose one of the following scores taken in the last two years
- Official scores of the TOEFL
- Official scores of the IELTS
- Official scores of the SAT I Writing Section
Documents and Records
Documents and records can be scanned and sent electronically. Upon registration admitted students will have to show the original documents.
Transcripts of grades and other application documents become the property of the University and may not be reclaimed or forwarded. Certified photocopies are acceptable. The application documents of those who are denied admission, or have been accepted but did not register, are routinely destroyed after one academic year.
Applicants who become MEU students may inspect and review their official records upon request at the Office of the Registrar. The University reserves the right to disclose routine information (e.g. student’s name, program of study, degrees received) without prior written consent from the student. Information will also be disclosed to parents of a dependent student and to academic officials of MEU. However, the student’s consent in writing will be required for the disclosure of personally identifiable information from academic records.
International applicants may be required to supply certain medical records as requested by the University and should have passports that are valid for a period not less than one year from the date of joining the University. It is their responsibility to secure an entry visa to Lebanon from the Lebanese consulate in their country and to maintain their student visa status at all times. The University will assist registered international students in acquiring residence permits from the local authorities. International undergraduate students are expected to carry a full course of study—a minimum of twelve credits per semester and six credits in the summer session, in order to maintain their international student status.International applicants are reminded that application procedures may take time, and those needing a visa to enter Lebanon must allow for ample processing time. It is advisable to allow time for the application form, the supportive documents, recommendations, and the application fee to reach the University three months before the beginning of the semester. International applicants must pay an advance deposit and are required to present a satisfactory budget for financing their studies and living costs at MEU. Under no circumstances should international applicants come to MEU before receiving an official letter of acceptance from the University. MEU will provide advice on how to plan your stay at MEU. Please arrange with MEU for pick-up upon arrival. Upon arrival in Lebanon, international applicants must come directly to MEU.
For assistance with any needed information, including entry requirements into Lebanon from your respective country please contact the International Students Office at email@example.com. For more information on the visa application process please click here.
International applicants to the Freshman Class are required to meet the Lebanese Government requirements for admission to this program. Please contact the admissions office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Names and Nationalities of Students
The name under which a student first registers, as indicated in the student’s identity card or passport, will be recorded on his or her transcript of grades and MEU identity card. This name cannot be changed and will appear on the diploma. Moreover, students with dual-nationality, who were admitted to the University as non-Lebanese, will not be permitted to change their nationality to Lebanese on the University’s records unless they fulfill the admission requirements for Lebanese students.